Listen to your favorite Jazz music to relax, improve your creativity and memory (5), or simply to enjoy some good music!
Just choose your favorite Jazz music and using your phone, or stereo-system.
- May reduce stress (1)
- May reduce pain (3)
- May improve memory
- May improve mood (
- May increase productivity
- May enhance creativity
- May enhance accuracy in sports (1)
Science shows that listening to relaxing music activates the parasympathetic nervous system which is responsible for recovering from stress. Cortisol levels drop faster and the body can use all its resources for other activities (1).
Daily or a few times a week.
- Thoma, M. V., La Marca, R., Brönnimann, R., Finkel, L., Ehlert, U., & Nater, U. M. (2013). The Effect of Music on the Human Stress Response. PLoS ONE, 8(8). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0070156
- Siedlecki, S. L. (2005). The Effect of Music on Power, Pain, Depression, and Disability: A Clinical Trial (Case Western Reserve University). Retrieved from https://etd.ohiolink.edu/pg_10?::NO:10:P10_ETD_SUBID:51098
- Lee, J. H. (2016). The Effects of Music on Pain: A Meta-Analysis. Journal of Music Therapy, 53(4), 430–477. https://doi.org/10.1093/jmt/thw012
- Tapps, T., Boolani, A., Jacobson, B. H., & Gill, R. (2016). The Influence of Musical Genres on Putting Accuracy in Golf: An Exploratory Study. Journal of Athletic Enhancement, 2014. https://doi.org/10.4172/2324-9080.1000165
- All That Jazz: People Who Listen To Jazz Are Smarter And More Creative. https://www.elitedaily.com/life/jazz-people-listen-jazz-smarter-creative/909203
Loud music can cause hearing loss
Iphone, computer, Ipad, Stereo system
- Listen to jazz music while working to help you focus
- Try to listen to music without words so you don't get distracted as you work
- Some suggest to listen to the same song on repeat to greatly improve your focus.