Transcendental Meditation® (TM) is a beneficial mantra meditation practice.
TM is a protected brand and has to be learned from an authorized teacher. Contact your nearest TM teacher to take classes.
- May Improve focus and attention (1)
- May decrease sensitivity to pain
- May reduce anxiety and depression
- May increase feelings of pleasure and well-being
- Transcendental Meditation can increase the stimulation of alpha waves in prefrontal and temporal brain areas which are associated with attention, concentration, and focus (1).
- TM may further promote well-being by decreasing noradrenaline and cortisol levels in the brain (linked to stress) and by increasing serotonin and dopamine concentrations (linked to pleasure and well-being) (1).
15 - 20 minutes twice per day.
- Mosini, A. C., Saad, M., Braghetta, C. C., Medeiros, R. de, Peres, M. F. P., Leão, F. C., … Leão, F. C. (2019). Neurophysiological, cognitive-behavioral and neurochemical effects in practitioners of transcendental meditation: A literature review. Revista Da Associação Médica Brasileira, 65(5), 706–713. https://doi.org/10.1590/1806-92188.8.131.526
- Ooi, S. L., Giovino, M., & Pak, S. C. (2017). Transcendental meditation for lowering blood pressure: An overview of systematic reviews and meta-analyses. Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 34, 26–34. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctim.2017.07.008