The alkaline diet consists of modifying your diet to influence the acidity and pH of the body fluids. The goal is to consume more alkaline foods. Our body functions optimally when it has an alkaline environment. A pH above 7 indicates alkalinity.
- Helps prevent obesity
- Helps prevent cardiovascular disease
- May improve digestion
- Promotes cell health
- Can help prevent type 2 diabetes
- Can improve mood
- It has a high nutritional value
The alkaline diet consists of increasing the percentage of alkaline foods in your diet.
It increases the consumption of:
- Fruits and green leafy vegetables
- Ginger, onion, garlic
- Sugar-free juices
- Soya, tofu
Decrease or avoid the consumption of:
- Dairy products
- Highly processed foods
- Animal Protein (under discussion)
- The main argument is that by consuming alkaline foods, the pH of the blood can be influenced, making it more alkaline. In this way, the general health of the body is expected to improve.
- The high consumption of legumes helps to obtain a protein with high nutritional value, without the risks of highly processed foods and sugar.
- The high content of vegetable fiber and the avoidance of dairy products can improve the digestive process, as well as improve the health of the gut, affecting the gut microbiota.
- Highly processed foods lead to an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes and obesity. Avoiding them decreases the risk.
- The high nutritional value of this diet makes the body's overall condition better, so the mood is likely to improve.
Don't forget to add fatty acids, like the Omega-3s your body needs. Sometimes this diet does not contain enough of it.
It can lead to protein deficiency. For this reason, the issue of animal protein is under discussion.
- It is not known to what extent the diet affects the pH of the blood.
- Although there is debate about the scientific evidence, it is a fact that fruits and vegetables improve health.
- Some research mentions that people who follow this diet report feeling increased energy levels.
- There is no conclusive scientific evidence regarding this diet.
Make sure the water you drink has the right pH. Use a water ionizer from Air Water Life. That way you choose the exact pH level of your water!