A cannabis-derived product that comes in many forms that can aid in mental and physical health.
CBD can be consumed in a variety of ways including:
- Oil - ingested
- Tinctures - ingested
- Candy/food products - ingested
- Topical treatments - applied to the skin
- Wax - inhaled
Once you have chosen your CBD product, you then must decide on the dosage. The ideal dosage depends on the individual, so while for beginners there is no real risk of overdosing on CBD, it is still recommended to choose a product with fewer milligrams of CBD.
- May aid in sleep
- May reduce pain
- May reduce symptoms of serious diseases
- May Improve mental health
- May help you focs
1 to 5 minutes depending on the product consumed
- Some studies show that CDB may help you sleep better (1).
- CBD interacts with our endocannabinoid system, which is a series of receptors responsible for regulating homeostasis, appetite, sleep, mood, and the perception of pain.
- A recent animal study found that CBD significantly reduced chronic inflammation and neuropathic pain in mice by targeting specific glycine receptors (3).
- A 2018 report from the World Health Organization showed that CBD offers potential as a treatment to relieve symptoms of diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Multiple Sclerosis (5).
- Because CBD has multiple receptors in the nervous system, it’s anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties could also aid in reducing seizures (7).
- Studies have shown that CBD can be effective in treating a range of mental health disorders including anxiety, OCD and post-traumatic stress disorder (8). An animal study found that CBD may enhance 5-HT1A transmission, a serotonin receptor. This increases the availability of serotonin which reduces anxiety and can improve mood (9).
How often you use CBD depends on why you’re using it. For example, CBD oil used to treat insomnia is typically consumed daily.
While CBD is safe and there is no real risk of overdosing, side effects can include
CBD product of choice and required paraphernalia e.g. CBD wax and a vape
Any time, depending on your symptoms e.g. night time if treating insomnia.
- It’s important to research the legality of CBD where you live as laws can differ from state to state and country to country.
- Consult your doctor if you have concerns about taking CBD products.
- Make sure that the CBD you purchase is organically grown
- If you are drug tested at work make sure that the CBD you purchase contains less than .03% THC
- Make sure that the CBD you purchase was tested for purity at an accredited laboratory
- Make sure that the CBD you purchased was extracted with the CO2 method
- Make sure to get full spectrum CBD