Spending time with your family is one of the most important things you can do for your physical and mental health. Maintaining connections with people we care strongly for makes us happy and often reduces stress as well as motivating us to be better in every aspect of our lives.
- May improve your mental health
- May boost your self-confidence
- May reduce stress
- May lengthen your lifespan
- May motivate you in work life
- May promote positive behavior
- May strengthen family bonds
- May promote good communication skills
- May improve your memory
None - just you and your family!
It’s as simple as setting time aside every day to spend with your family. Make it a point to eat a meal with your family or do an activity with them.
- Humans are social creatures and having people we can socialize with is of the utmost importance. Spending time with people, especially those we care about greatly decreases the chances of depression and improves your quality of life.
At least 30 minutes per day.
Anytime, but preferably in the morning or evening.
- Put away your phones and devices. Technology can easily distract us, and by putting away our phones we can truly get the most out of our time with our family.
- Try doing different activities with your family. Go to a sporting event, go on a hike, or plan a family game night. The options are endless.
- Be present. Don’t think about your work. Enjoy your time with your family - it will make all the difference.