Saffron is a spice known mostly for its use as a condiment and to give color to foods. It is high in iron, potassium, and magnesium.
- Improves digestion
- Improves mood
Saffron powder, capsules, or tablets.
The powder can be used to flavor foods, such as meat. You can also prepare an infusion. If you consume the capsules or tablets, follow the instructions on the product.
- As it contains crocin, it acts as a natural antioxidant. It fights the damage produced by free radicals.
- The crocetin it contains increases bile production, which is important for proper digestion.
- It has an active component that influences the central nervous system, the safranal. It has been shown to have an antidepressant effect.
Dry mouth, nausea, and dizziness are possible.
- If used as an antidepressant, follow product instructions or seek medical advice.
- It is currently being studied as a possible aid in the treatment of anxiety disorders.
- It can be grown at home. Go to your local seed supplier!