Using passion flowers can have a positive effect on your mood, sleep and pain. People have been using these herbs to naturally treat various health conditions by boosting the levels of GABA in our brain. GABA are amino acids that work to slow down the activities of your nervous system resulting in an overall relaxation of the body.
- May reduce stress and anxiety
- Helps you calm and relax
- Helps alleviate insomnia
- Prevents withdrawal episodes and supports detox
- May prevent seizures
- Soak dried passion flowers in hot water for about 6 to 10 minutes.
- Steep it for the second time for 15 minutes for a stronger taste and maximum benefit
- Drink your passion flower tea
- Note: Take as manufacturer’s instruction if you are taking passion flower extracts in capsular form.
Taking passion flower increases the GABA levels in your brain which stimulates relaxation.
It takes about 6 to 15 minutes to prepare passion flower tea.
It can cause unwanted drowsiness, dizziness and confusion.
- Beware if you are taking other medication as there is no sufficient studies about it’s interaction with other drugs.
- Be sure that you will not drive or operate heavy machinery 12 hours after taking a passion flower.
- Some research indicates that it can help manage symptoms of ADHD and absence seizures
- Use every night for 7 straight nights for relaxation and better sleep
- Use twice a day for 2 to 8 weeks of 400mg of passion flower extract for anxiety treatment