Elderberry Syrup is obtained from the berries of the black elderberry. As an antiviral, it may help with respiratory infections.
- May kill some viruses
- May improve the immune system
- May have anti-aging effects
- May prevent cell damage
Raw berries to prepare at home
You can drink the syrup directly, or mix it into an infusion and drink it hot.
- It helps the immune system by increasing the production of inflammatory cytokines, which may help the cells work more effectively in fighting infection.
- Its high content of flavonoids causes it to have anti-aging effects and protect cells from the damage they may receive.
- This plant contains chemicals called anthocyanins, which have been shown to have an antiviral effect and strengthen the immune system.
3-4 times per week
2-3 times per day to lessen the symptoms of the flu
It can cause allergic reactions in some cases.
- In a recent review , elderberry syrup was shown to be very effective in treating upper respiratory symptoms. It even proved to be safer than some traditional antibiotics.
- The berries cannot be eaten if they have not ripened, because they can be toxic.