Astragalus is a medicinal plant that has been widely used in Chinese natural medicine. Its main use is to protect and strengthen the immune system.
- Strengthens the immune system
- Slows down the aging process
- Improves heart function
- Protects tissues and organs
Astragalus-based powder, liquid extract, or supplement.
You can prepare a tea with the root, or consume a supplement according to the instructions of the product.
- There are three components that help to better coordinate the function of the immune system: polysaccharides, saponins, and flavonoids. These help the immune response to be more effective.
- A compound found in the root, TA-65, promotes the activation of a substance called telomerase, which is known for its protective effects that slow down aging.
- It has a strong effect against oxidation and promotes vascular health, thus generating protection against heart disease.
Avoid it during pregnancy
- The part of the plant that is used is the root, from which all its properties are extracted.
- It has also been used to treat viral infections.
- The potential of this plant to treat respiratory infections is currently being studied.